AbNeR aNd Me



I love Judie Bomberger. She inspires me not only with her painted metal sculptures but with the fact that she began her art career at age 50! She retired, picked up a piece of metal and began cutting out sculptures the likes of Abner riding his fish. Rock on, Abner.

I dabble in art but imagine myself having the soul of an artist....so I am frustrated a lot! I have some art background but much of what I do is too cute and I don't dedicate any time to art. I get frantic around Christmas because I love to make home made gifts and I always wait until the last moment to get everything done. I made a bouquet of flower pens last year for my brother as a Christmas gift. He brought them to work. Soon after, he had several orders for me to fill for his CourtTV colleagues. But I never filled the order. I just couldn't get motivated to create more goofy flower pens.

I want to create original and edgy art that reflects me. I love whimsey, color and functional art. One of my favorite art projects is the switch plate that hangs in our little hall bathroom. It's a "portrait" of me and my husband. It didn't start out as a portrait but it most certainly ended up that way.



I know by publishing this blog I will be motivated to do more art. Maybe it will still be too cute for my own tastes, but at least I will be doing art. And that, will make me happy :)

Comments

  1. I have that lightswitch plate at home! Joy, you are a great artist. I have always told you you can make art and sell it...you are very very good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment